Saturday, July 23, 2022
- REGISTER NOW –
- PRICES GO UP MAY 12TH
MARATHON STARTS IN:
Start your 2022 goal today.
Sign up for the 52nd Annual Deseret News Races!!
Register for 2022
The Deseret News Marathon is the longest-operating marathon in Utah. For 51 years runners have been racing down the historic pioneer route into the Salt Lake Valley and through the Days of ’47 Parade. The Deseret News races consist of a full marathon, half marathon, 10K, and 5K.
Where is the best place to park at the starting line?
- Marathon: Park in Rice Eccles stadium parking lot on the west end. No parking at starting line. Only access to start it by bus.
- Half Marathon: Park in Rice Eccles stadium parking lot on the west end. No parking at starting line. Only access to start it by bus.
- 10K: Park at Research Park
- 5K: Use side streets near 950 East South Temple
What are the locations of the bathrooms?
There are portable toilets at the start and finish line and at every aid station. You might want to go before you come to try and avoid long lines at the starting line.
Where are the best places for families to park and watch?
- Marathon and half marathon: Hogle Zoo parking lot is the best place to watch them come out of the canyon.
- Finish Line: For the finish line at Liberty Park, spectators can park along the side streets close to Liberty Park. We will have food and entertainment for spectators to enjoy with us at the finish line. We are working hard to turn the finish line into a great place for runners and family and friends to spend some time before the Parade or holiday celebrations.
What are the average weather temperatures for July 24th?
Quite cool in the mountains but when you hit the valley expect an immediate and significant increase in temperature. Can vary in the valley from 70 to 85 degrees depending on your pace.